This is a simple cake recipe that can be baked in under an hour. It is the perfect amount of sweetness and softness, coupled with a hot drink it is the ideal treat on a winters day.
- 50 g Butter or Margarine
- 250 g Sugar
- 3 eggs
- 250 ml Milk
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla Essence
- 250 g Self Raising Flour
- A pinch of Salt
- 250 g Desiccated Coconut
- Sieve the dry ingredients
- Add the Butter and Sugar to the food processor and mix until soft.
- Add the Vanilla, Eggs and Milk to the mixture.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix well in the food processor.
- Grease the baking pan and add the cake batter.
- Leave in the oven at 180°C for 45 minutes.
Butter Cream Frosting
- 250 g Unsalted Butter
- 350 g Icing Sugar
- 2 tablespoon Milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- It is essential to use a food processor or a hand held mixer for this process. Less work more fun 😀
- Add butter to the food processor and leave for about 5 minutes until the butter has a white and fluffy consistency.
- Mix the Icing Sugar slowly.
- Add the milk and vanilla essence.
- Leave the cake to cool and add the butter cream.
- You can decorate the cake to your heart’s enjoyment.