Its been a while since I have posted, my family and I took a much needed getaway trip to the North West Province. It was a rather cold trip but we enjoyed ourselves spending time together and adoring the beautiful wildlife that mother nature has to offer.
In this recipe I decided to add a little seafood to the mix. Believe it or not the combination of chicken and prawns is D E L I C I O US. I hope you give this recipe a try…
- 2 Tablespoon Cooking Oil
- 1 teaspoon Fennel Seeds
- 1 Sliced Onion
- 4 Grated Tomatoes
- 1 Stem of Curry Leaves
- 4 Green chillies
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 Tablespoon Briyani mix
- 4 Teaspoon Chilli Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of Garum Masala
- Salts (Q.S)
- 1 Teaspoon Crushed Ginger and Garlic
- 500 g Chicken Fillet
- 300 g De-veined Prawns
- Add the Oil to pot, on medium heat
- Add the fennel seeds.
- Saute the onions
- Add the tomatoes, curry leaves, chillies, bay leaf and briyani mix.
- Leave to cook until the water has evaporated.
- Add curry powder, turmeric powder and garum masala and crushed ginger and garlic.
- Add Chicken Fillet, Don’t add water.
- Add Salt.
- Leave to cook for 20 minutes.
- Add Prawns, leave to cook until water has evaporated.
Serve with Basmati Rice, Naan or Roti.